
I got it right today. I have to say, the kids and I were waiting so long for Lori to come out, I started getting nervous again. I thought, "Oh no, this can't happen to me twice". We called this morning to confirm the flight and make sure it was one time. It was really funny, actually, because while I was there I saw a woman who had been there the day before as well. I said something to her and she told me that she had also made a mistake and come to the wrong flight! How crazy is that?! She was happy to tell her husband, who was right there, that someone else had done the same thing. I called Jared on the way home and told him too. Glad I'm not the only one! By the way Jamie, the itinerary WAS from Delta. So apparently your former colleagues don't follow protocol in putting the LOCAL time and date on there. Oh well. Makes for a funny story.

This time Austin, Olivia and Ashley went with me. I got them up about 5:30 am- YIKES. They were so excited to go. I had to explain that it would take over an hour to get there and they would have to be patient. We took the laptop in the car and they watched Aristocats on the way. Ashley didn't make a sound other than to gurgle and coo happily. What a good girl! So we walked in about 7:15 (the plane arrived at 7 am but I knew customs would take a while).

Once again (DEJA VU) I stand there and wait and wait. The kids were so excited at first (see Olivia's cheesy face). But after about 45 minutes, the smiles had faded and it was "Mom, where is Lori?" "Mom, when is she going to get here?" "Mom, I'm hungry." "Mom, can we sit down?" etc etc. I kept saying "She'll be here soon" and "Any minute" then I started losing excitement too. Tears came to my eyes watching other people greeting their loved ones. I loved seeing the little children run up to their dads and was really touched when three teenagers anxiously ran up to their grandma and gave her a hug and kiss. I was never close with any grandparents so this was especially sweet to me. Does that grandma know how lucky she is? Anyway.... Lori finally emerged after 8 am. She went the other way out of the gate and it was really crowded, so we had to run around and catch her. We were SOOOOO excited! I was so unbelievably happy to see her. I really feel like I need some family right now, my family. I don't think I stopped talking all day long. We drove about half way home and stopped at McD's so we could have some breakfast and let the kids play. They needed a break.

Once we were home (actually before we even left the airport) the kids asked "What did you bring us?" Lori didn't let them down. I took a cute photo as they covered their eyes awaiting the gifts. (sorry for the bad vertical blinds in photo- what can I say- we're renting). She had brought them both coloring books and markers. The markers were scented and it was so funny b/c they both ended up with marker on their noses from smelling them. To see my photo gallery of Lori's arrival and gifts. Click Here

I was so happy to get some of the things I had requested like scrapbook covers, makeup, Extra gum, a Layers shirt, etc. Mom sent cute pj pants for the kids- Dora and Sponge Bob. Jill sent a few boxes of Ranch (for which Lori went through the special customs line for food- the cause of her long exit). Jill also got some replacement blades for my cutter. Thanks Jill! Amy sent an adorable pink dress for Ashley. I can't wait for her to wear it. Mom sent some Colloidal Silver to fight the germs. Thanks Mom! and Thanks Lori for bringing it all. I also got the Virginia Pearce book so I will be reading it tonight to prepare for my VT workshop.
So glad to have her here. Jared left at 6pm to go to Darwin for a week. Lori and I leave for Melbourne the day before he gets back so I won't even see him for 11 days. Wow, I guess that means we have some quality GIRL time ahead of us. Sounds great to me!
11 comments:
Finally! I've been checking like crazy to see when/if Lori made it there. I can't believe you had to wait 45 minutes for her to come out, I would have been going crazy.
That picture of Lori holding Ashley makes me want to cry. I can't believe I'm missing her whole babyhood. It hurts my heart.
I'm glad you are happy with the stuff we sent. It was hard to know what to get (other than the specific things you asked for) especially since space was an issue.
Have fun with your 11 days of girl time. That's lucky for Jared and for you both I think.
I just looked at the pictures of the stash of stuff Lori brought you--didn't she tell you I put more stuff in the sheet protector boxes?? There's way more than what's shown in the photos...FYI.
What?! I am going to check the boxes right now. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
I can't even believe it. Jill this is SOOO much. I love it all. How funny is that? I hadn't opened the boxes yet. There are 4 packs of Basic Grey rub ons, 2 packs of Rhonna Farrer rub ons, MM colorboard stickers, the "me" book by Autumn Leaves which looks awesome, AND a pack of MM papers 24 sheets which would cost me $1.60 for each page here. WOW, I will have to post add'l photos later b/c I am going to a baby shower this morning. That was so unbelievably nice of you Jill. I can't tell you how great it is. On with good mail!
I'm so excited for lori's fun trip. Your post made me a little teary, I miss my family terribly, and I know that it shadows in comparrison to you, since it is fairly easy and inexpensive to fly and see my family, but what an adventure you're living. Enjoy all your girl time.
I had been thinking about the two of you all week while I was gone and hoping Lori made it safely. We don't want real life "lost" you know. Like Jill, I was very jealous of the photo of lori and ashely. She gets to hold her and meet her and it makes me sad I am not able to. It's great you two are able to spend so much time together...you sure have a lot to catch up on. The kids look adorable and I love to see the excitement on their faces.
BTW lori looks too good to have flown all that way.
How exciting! I agree that Lori doesn't look like she's been through a hellish travel experience like that crazy layover in Korea. How does she do it?
I'm thrilled for you to be able to spend so much time with Lori, to introduce her to Ashley, to show her all of your haunts. There's just nothing like your family to make you feel at home. Enjoy!
I also loved the picture of lori holding the baby! so sweet! how fun to have your sister visiting...and all the good mail things....I just send a pkg to my mom with Ranch, taco seassoning, chocolate chips, pecans...etc., etc., funny things you take for granted. the kids look so cute too with their eyes covered. Have a fun time....Lori looks incredible!
What a fun time for you. I hope you enjoy yourselves thoroughly. I will keep my thoughts on about the visiting teaching workshop and let you know if anything else comes to mind. It sounds like you have been preparing well and have been guided. It seems that they need a challenge...not sure where I am going with that.
Sounds like the "Delta Delta Delta can I helpya helpya helpya" that I used to work for has gone downhill. What a pain to have to have gone through that entire experience on the wrong day!!! What a roller coaster of emotions, especially when you look forward to seeing family so much!
I am so glad that things worked out the second time. The kids look so cute and so excited.
Rob, I feel lame that I didn't send anything more than the pj's and the silver. Didn't Lori tell you about the moola that I sent for each of you to use in Melbourne? I ended up having to deposit it into your Zions acct. so you wouldn't have to lose on the exchange. Also, Aunt Ted just sent you $20.00 (via me) for a gift for Ashley. I'll deposit that and try to remember to send you her address. Let me know what I buy you, okay?
Post a Comment