Anyway, I thought I would post some photos of what we are up to this week. It's Winter Holiday for us. That means Austin has no school for three weeks. Jared is in Cairns this week too so that means that we are having some long days. I took the kids to the dollar store the other day and they picked out some things. 48 cents on a pack of colored pencils and $2 for new coloring books- it's working like magic. Austin loves doing dot to dots, mazes, and word searches.


He also built a fort today. Olivia's quilt came in handy.

Olivia has chosen her new favorite pair of shoes from my closet and wears them around the house all the time. She got in her fairy costume, my shoes, and her backpack then said, "See you later, Honey, I am going to the store." She is a crack up.

Today she also peeled her own carrot. She didn't even ask me for the carrot. She got it out of the fridge, opened the drawer to get the peeler and went to do it at the garbage. Very cute. A minute later, when she realized that she couldn't do it herself, she told me that there was something wrong with the carrot and proceeded to get another from the fridge.

Little Ashley is holding strong around the chaos. She knows to cry LOUDLY when she wants something. Poor thing. It must suck to be the youngest. I am trying my best. Today I told Austin and Olivia that I would try to be a better mom if they could try to be more obedient. I said, "I am trying my best." Austin said, "That's ok Mom" and gave me a hug. So sweet.

We saw Cars yesterday too. I won't comment b/c I wasn't too impressed. Olivia lost it about 1/2 way through. She is usually good in movies. Once the popcorn and her sucker were gone, she was too. We plan to see Over the Hedge when Jared gets back in town. It looks a lot better. Has anyone seen Hoodwinked or The Wild?
Today we are going to a nice park in Helensvale (north of us towards Brisbane) and to IKEA if it works out. Olivia is at preschool so Diane and I planned to go when we just have Austin and Ashley. Should be a piece of cake with just those two. Olivia is the wild card. I am ready for drugs. Anyone have any suggestions?
4 comments:
What kind of drugs and for which one of you?
The pictures of the kids are mighty cute, and it pains me greatly to be missing Ashley's babyhood.
I think we need to see more photos of your house. I don't know what the outside looks like or what your main living area is like. It's hard to visualize your life with the few photos I've seen. So if you think about it and have a little time (maybe the kids could even help) you could do a little Aussie home documentation for us.
What did you get at IKEA??
I haven't seen Cars, but we did rent Hoodwinked. We liked it so much that we bought it....VERY cute and it really keeps the kids' attention if you need a break.
first of all i love seeing photos of the kids so thanks for sharing. Keep them coming...its all we've got.
I love that olivia was peeling her own carrot. I love it when kids start to do things for themself, though it does end up being more mess for you. At least they're learning right.
I heard over the hedge was a really great movie. You will enjoy it.
what a darling picture of the baby! well i haven't seen cars...but think my little one will love it, he is wearing the pull ups! and over the hedge I loved it! it was so nice, I really don't like kids movies I think the last two I really liked where nemo and shrek after those they just don't do anything for me, but over the hedge was finally a bit better!
Post a Comment