Thursday, June 08, 2006

Random photos and thoughts

Don't have much to say for today. It's Thursday and that means that Olivia is at preschool and I feel like a free mom, with just one kid in tow. I went shopping with Ashley in the morning after dropping Austin and Olivia at school. All of the inventory sales are on, so there were some good deals. At 11:30 I met Katherine (Jared's sister) and two other ladies from my ward for a movie. Ashley slept through it like an angel. We saw "The BreakUp" which I am not sure about. It was hilarious and depressing at the same time???? Has anyone seen it, what did you think? It was great to get out and see a movie anyway, then we had lunch. By then it was time to get Austin, go to swimming, then get Olivia. The day goes so fast. Jared and I made spring rolls for dinner. I will post the recipe tomorrow. Austin actually ate them but Olivia wouldn't even try. Maybe next time.

Thought I would post some recent photos of the kids. It never ceases to amaze me how many photos I take. I don't know if it's really that I have so many photo-worthy events happening or if I just love my camera. I have to say having good digital technology with babies/kids is so unbelieveably enjoyable. With my old digital, I missed shots all the time. The new one, my Christmas present, is great.



Olivia reads books to her doll. I love to listen to her 'stories'. It usually is something that takes "all day long" for some reason. "They went to the dentist and he cleaned their teeth, all day long. Then they went home and played, all day long".




Austin is cute with Ashley and does a sweet baby voice to her. I love to see her smiling and interacting with him.




Austin just looked so cute in his school clothes with his backpack on, I had to take a picture.





Dad took Ashley in the bubble bath with him and she loved it. She's starting to giggle and it's so cute.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last picture is great! I take far too many pictures than I know what I will ever do with. I think that is the beauty of having my digital. Glad you were able to get out to a movie- that sounds so nice and like something that is sooo far away in my future.

Laurie said...

A movie sounds heavenly. How nice for you to get out for fun when the kids are in school. I don't know how to get back into normal life activities like that. I'm not a mobile nurser, and still worry about leaving the baby with someone for a few hours. Seems silly, I know.

Jill said...

That's a bummer about the movie being depressing, it looks so funny.

The photos of the kids are so cute, I love random photos.

KaylynB said...

I loved "The BreakUp". I thought the first part with the fight over the dishes was something every wife can relate to and laugh about. I also can relate to how sometimes a little argument can quickly escalate into a big one and you are left thinking, "wait, how did this little thing get this far out of control?". I also liked how they both came to realize how they could have compromised in the relationship to make it work. Obviously I liked it. Sorry to all those who haven't seen it, I may have just given too much of the movie away. I love the picture of Austin and Ashley-the Nikon would have never gotten that shot.