
Ok, this is one really great thing about Australia. From 9:30-10:30 every Tuesday night there is a bit of hilarity and joy to be found on channel ten. I just love Rove McManus. He is so funny and very cute (in an Adam Bennett kind of way, Lori). His tag phrases are "What the...?" and "Say hi to your Mum for me".
Last night they had this whole thing about scrunchers and folders. They did a poll of the audience before the show and 61% were folders and 49% were scrunchers. Of interest, both Rove and his sidekick are scrunchers, to which the audience let out a loud "boo". They responded vehemently, "There's nothing wrong with that!" In his defense, Rove replied, "Hey, I want as much distance between my hand and that place as possible!" I find myself just cracking up when I watch the show, even when I am only half listening- I end up dropping whatever I am doing, leaving the dishes in the sink or laundry to be folded, in order to watch the show.
Sorbene, a company that makes toilet paper, paid two guests last night $25,000 if they would tatoo on their butts either "I'm a folder" or "I'm a scruncher". Now that is funny. They did the whole thing live on the show. (It's called "Rove Live" by the way)
Anyway, I just love this show. You can check out their website at Here. To see clips, click Here
If they had Rove on DVD I think I would buy it. So there, you Americans. Finally something enjoyable that I have and you don't!
5 comments:
I really like this guys name. It looks cool on paper....how do you pronounce it? long o?
Sorry.....I'm obsessed with names right now!
I didn't understand what you were talking about until the $25,000 toilet paper part. That show sounds highly amusing. I have never once wondered if people are folders or scrunchers, how bizarre.
This was a question in a newlywed game Adam and I played several months ago with friends. It got such funny reactions. Sounds like an amusing show.
I love your new blog colors. So much. So much I wish it was my blog. That's how much I love it...
I must be really be blonde because I can't figure out what the folding and scrunching thing is refering to! How you fold your tp before you wipe? Seriously, I don't get it.
Post a Comment