Sunday, May 21, 2006

She's really coming!



Lori booked her flight! I am so excited for her to come visit me. Two months should be enough time to get around Australia and see the sights. Money is our only limitation. So, if any of you people who believe in random good mail are reading this, just forego the gifts and send cash to the compound to Attn: Lori's travel fund. Thanks.

It's too bad she has to fly Korean Air. In case you didn't know, Seoul isn't really close to Brisbane. Not even in the same hemisphere... I don't even want to ask the total flight time. The important part is that she is coming on Sky Miles. You know those miles that you accrue and never usually cash in? Well she has a ton of them... over 100,000, I think. Thanks to her friend Kelly, who gave her the last bit that she needed to get the ticket. Don't worry, Kelly, Lori will bring back some ginger beer and tea tree oil or something to make it worth your while. I don't think we have any Mr. T souvenirs- too bad. Maybe a gold chain will suffice?

Can't wait for you to get here, Lori. I was hoping you would make it a little earlier and we could do a big Fourth of July party, but that's ok. I will have to roast hot dogs and eat jello salad by myself.

Sure love ya!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

That is so exciting that your sister is coming for a nice, long visit. I know that just having the flight plans set in stone for my family to come visit me always makes living far away a little bit easier. Plus, it gives you something fun to look forward to! I am excited for you guys. :o)

Jill said...

I'm excited for you guys to have this nice, long visit and for Lori to get to experience Australia. I hope you'll both blog often so we can see what you're doing. Two months is a long time though, what if one of those crazy spiders shows up? That's a deal breaker for me.

amy gretchen said...

I found out saturday night that she was going and for 2 months. That is great you will be able to spend so much time with her. We also realized she is going to be there when she turns 30...no pressure! Have fun.

michelle said...

That is so fun that you guys get to spend so much time together to reconnect. 2 months in Australia? A break from the responsibilities of normal life? Sounds pretty great to me!