
I am quickly learning why people who grew up on the Gold Coast LOVE the beach. It is so beautiful. Yesterday morning I went for a jog along the coastline. The beach we go to is called Burleigh and there is a rocky headland with a paved trail all along it. It was the most gorgeous day. One of those days you just take a deep breath and look around and say, "I can't believe I am here." Then I say to myself, "I can't believe I LIVE here!" Anyway, it is so nice just to get out and have an hour of peace by myself. It just amazes me how rejuventing it can be. I had a nice jog then laid on the beach for about an hour just listening to the waves crashing. It was surprisingly empty for a Saturday, but that made it all the better.
Today is Sunday and we don't have the usual meetings since we get Gen. Conference a week late. However, since we knew it would be fruitless to go to the chapel with three small children, we opted for the internet version (how I love the internet!) So this morning we decided to go for a nice walk along the beach path. The thought of being cooped up in the house the entire day with the kids was a little much. So glad that we went. Again, a gorgeous day and the kids loved getting out. I am feeling very lucky to live in such a nice place.
3 comments:
I love love love the beach. I love the sound of the waves. I love watching my kids play in the sand and water. I love looking for seashells. I love sandpipers and watching for pelicans diving. Two years ago we went to an island off of Charleston and it was the first time I had been in the ocean for awhile. I was so giddy with excitement, I felt like a little kid! We're going back there this summer and I can hardly wait. You are lucky to have such immediate access to a beautiful beach!
I love the beach too. I'm not super keen on swimming suits, but the sound of the ocean, the smell of the breeze, the feel of the sand, the beauty of it all is intoxicating. I spent a couple hours on the sand of the Atlantic while in Nantucket last fall, but that was the first time in a long, long time at the beach for me.
After I read Gift from The Sea I was actually yearning to go to the beach, so Randy and I have been talking about driving to California to visit Claudia and to spend time at the ocean. You are very blessed to live close enough to jog there daily.
Its so great you live so close. Makes me jealous to think you are jogging and just laying on the beach like a vacation, but its your home. what a great experience for you and your family.
Post a Comment