Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Sick Kids
Alright, I can understand we just moved to a new country and my kids might need some time to adjust... but do they both have to be sick at the same time? Austin's ear infection was hardly diagnosed yesterday when I ventured out with Olivia to the grocery store. We barely turned down the juice aisle when she starts throwing up the pasta and cheese she had for lunch, diluted with lots of milk. Too much dairy? Who knows. But it sure wasn't nice holding her while she kept hurling onto the floor with fellow shoppers looking on. Then I had to walk away (for which I felt very guilty) to find the poor employee who would have to clean it up. We went home and she seemed fine- wouldn't eat dinner- but then threw up again just before bed. I kept her in bed with me just in case she was sick in the night, but again she seemed fine. Then, just after breakfast she threw up milk all over. What are they putting in the milk here? So today she has basically slept all day long except for one Dora video and about 40 minutes when she laid on my shoulder. UGH. So much for the shopping I was going to do today. We still haven't heard back on one of the places we're interested in, so we may go with the other by default. We like the first better but the mgmt people can't get the key for some reason... maybe a bad sign?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Does the milk come from cows or what? Poor girl (you I mean). That's a whole lot of sick going on. But there's something about the public vomit that makes me laugh. Both my kids have done it at Target, so I'm right there with you. The funniest though is Michelle's son Lucas puking in line at the dollar store--it's just so appropriate. Ha.
Murphy always wins Robyn- of course both your kids are going to be sick at the same time! And I hope this makes you feel a little better: Soren threw up at Brick Oven- all over the table and the carpeted floor with people sitting at the tables around us and my brother had brought his new girlfriend (we never saw her again). Now THAT was a poor fellow who had to clean up after us!
Post a Comment