On Thanksgiving morning, we woke up at our usual time (about 6:45 am) and got ready to run 5K. We have done the race at Fleet Feet for 3 years now, and it's a fun tradition. Unfortunately, this year it was a frigid 8 degrees outside!!!
We all bundled up in 3 layers and headed over to the shop. Olivia and I stuck together for the race, but Austin went ahead of us. He finished a minute or two before we did. This was his 7th 5K race- we're really proud of him.
Olivia also ran a fabulous race. She did not stop to walk once (I was in shock!) We plodded our way along the route and kept a nice, steady pace. She didn't complain about the cold or being tired once (again, shock) so it turned out to be a great experience for us.
She's still smiling!
Headed for the finish...
Olivia's time was 34:11, Austin finished in 32:30
Next was Ashley's turn- the Kids' Dash. She was in the 3-4 year category. She lined up with the other kids and looked so serious. I couldn't wait to see what happened.
They said "GO!" and she was off. Look at that determined face!
Check out that stride- that's my girl!!!
You may have guessed- she won! She got $10 to Coney's Frozen Yogurt. She was SO excited and kept calling it her "credit card" all day. She also got a gold medal, which she is very proud of.
THe best part was the prize drawings- we ALL won something that day. I won a free pair of shoes from Fleet Feet, Austin won $10 to Quizno's, Olivia won a pumpkin pie for placing 3rd in her age group (7-9) and a running hat, and Ashley had her goods. We were all very happy and decided it was worth braving the freezing cold! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

3 comments:
Love those pictures!!! You guys are one committed family. I thought it was WAY TOO cold to go outside, much less go outside and run. Well done. Well done indeed.
Love that you all got prizes. (A free pair of shoes, seriously?! Awesome.)
Next up....a family trip to the Boston Marathon. :)
Wow! i am seriously impressed! It was soooo cold that morning!
You guys are awesome! I love that you all enjoy doing something together and whoo hoo for the prizes!
Those pictures are so cute...I am so proud of your kids, freezing cold on Thanksgiving morning, I am not sure I could talk anyone else in my family to do that ;)...You guys are incredible!!!
Post a Comment