Sunday, October 10, 2010

Soccer Boy


I love soccer season! I really do. Soccer is a sport I can watch all day long (gymnastics is another one). There is a reason my kids don't play baseball or football!


Austin has had a fun soccer season this year. He is playing on a city league, which is not a competition team. He's with regular boys his own age and they're not the best soccer team in C.H., but that's ok.


After playing two years on a competitive team, and being pretty stressed out over performance and having a WAY too intense coach, I am happy to see him enjoying the sport and playing for the love of soccer. It got lost there for a while and it really broke my heart when he started to say, "I don't want to play soccer anymore." We've got it back!


This particular day was REALLY hot- it challenged even the most dedicated of soccer moms... but he played hard and I was proud. 


Way to go Austin!


5 comments:

Jill said...

I'm glad you put him in the city league, it's just too sad that the competition and coaching was so intense for those young boys.

Britney said...

Way to go soccer dude! :)

Heidi said...

Go Austin Go!

I am so glad he had a better experience this year. You would hate for a bad coach to change his feeling about playing.

But you should give baseball & football a chance! :) ha ha

Jamie said...

You are such a good mom to have him switch teams. What matters most is that they are having fun and soccer. is. fun!
(Although I must confess that we are glad when our fall season ends so that we can have our Saturdays back)

Carrie said...

Thanks for checking out my blog. I am glad at least you have been keeping track :)
LOVE the soccer pictures. We are doing the soccer thing now too and LOVE it!!