Sunday, September 19, 2010

Back Online


I am sure ALL of my readers have been wondering where I was all this time. Well, you can put your curiosity to rest now. Our old computer finally died. It was barely hanging on and we were making the most of it. We got the old Powerbook laptop circa 2004. We haven't updated anything, replaced anything, or done anything with it since that time. It's been a really good computer.

But the past few months it's been SO slow. It's even refused to turn on a few times. I thought we'd lost it so I backed up everything on an external hard drive, thank goodness. So last weekend it decided to die for real. Sadly, there were some photos and some documents I hadn't saved yet. I am still hoping to get them but happy that MOST of the important stuff was on the EHD.


Welcome new iMac! As you know from my post a few months ago (Wish List) we wanted a beautiful new iMac but didn't want to spend the money, couldn't justify it since our computer still worked, etc. etc. 

We love our new computer. The kids love the Photo Booth feature (as you can see with all their friends crowded around it). We got the computer at 3:45 pm on Thursday and it was set up and running by 3:48. Seriously, it's awesome. We plugged it in and away we went. I love technology!

Anyone got any suggestions about how to awaken our old computer to get the photos and stuff off of it? I remember hearing something about the freezer...

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Jealous! But that's awesome, I know you've been wanting it for a while and you work hard so gosh darnit you deserve it! :)

Jamie said...

Jealous! But that's awesome, I know you've been wanting it for a while and you work hard so gosh darnit you deserve it! :)

Britney said...

Awesome. I too am totally jealous. I will have to love it from afar.

Heidi said...

Love the new iMac!! I am in love with mine and I know you will love how fast it is.

Our old computer crashed too and we took it in to to see if we could retrieve anything off the hard drive but they said it was dead. Cord had a friend at work who said he could get everything off of it by freezing it, So that it s what he did. He froze it for a day and then hooked it up to an external hard drive and pulled everything off. We got 3 years of pictures back! Call me if you want more info.

Jamie said...

I hope you were able to get your stuff off of the old hard drive. We lost Abric's first Christmas when our computer crashed.
Have you played with the iMovie program yet? Probably one of my favorites!
Have fun with your new toy! (If you can tear the kids away. lol. My boys are always begging to play the computer.)

Bond Girl 007 said...

oh that is sooo sweeet..I've been enjoying ours quite a bit this week....I want one for me! alf just puts it under his arm and goes away with it to work to school, they are soo easy and convinient...I don't know how to recup stuff...but it is well worth looking into it. I just deleted a phone message FROM my brother that i had on my phone for 4 years...I m bummmed!