Last weekend we went to my brother Adam's house to celebrate his, my dad's and my niece Bella's birthdays. We had a great Cafe Rio-inspired dinner and finished it off with delicious desserts- Grasshopper Pie and Chocolate Sheet Cake- YUM!
I love the huge island in the middle of Adam and Amy's kitchen. With all of us there the kitchen gets a bit like a traffic jam, but still it's nice to be surrounded by family and celebrate birthdays together.
My younger brother Andrew kept to himself over at the dining table, as usual. He had his standard meal of pizza, Ritz bits, applesauce, popcorn, and Capri Sun. I don't know how he doesn't get sick of eating the same things, but that's the way he rolls.
The kids were in love with the hamster that Bella brought home from her classroom, especially Whitney. Who needs Zhu Zhu pets? This is the real live thing!
We sang to the birthday folks, opened gifts, and enjoyed the evening together. We gave Bella 39 Clues Book #4 (and loaned her Percy Jackson #5 from Austin). Sadly, Lori got her the same book so she'll have to go change it for another. Nana and Pop gave her a cute Justice jacket and Stuarts got her a Webkinz. Adam and Pop both got lots of Barnes and Noble vouchers. We gave Pop a gift of service; his goat fence needs to be fixed so Jared will be taking care of that soon. Happy Birthday to Pop, Adam and Bella!
1 comment:
I love that you actually got to use the phrase..."his goat fence." I don't know why, but it makes me chuckle. I guess it's because I don't think of your dad as a goat fence kind of guy, but I lOVE that he has goats.
Looks like Happy Birthdays for everyone!It is so nice that you have so much family so close.
Post a Comment