Sunday, December 20, 2009

Random



Loving the awesome playground provided by the winter's snow! My kids are constantly playing outside in it. The minute they get home from school they race out to play. Love that.



This headband saved me a couple weeks ago. I bought it at the Beehive Bazaar and when I couldn't schedule my hair appointment as soon as I wanted, this thing came through in a pinch. It covered my terrible regrowth perfectly- nice!



These kids are just so cute! I took this photo as we were on the way out the door to our ward/church Christmas dinner and program. Don't you love my little fashionista, Olivia?



Wish these stores were closer to me!



Her preschool teachers gave her a CD with all the songs they sing at school and it's killing me! She absolutely loves it- but if I hear "Five Little Ducks" one more time I'm going to lose it. I might just have to 'lose' that CD! (Sorry Ashley!)



I won a music CD of my choice on Jill's blog, and chose her 80s mix. It's fabulous. I can't believe how many songs there are that I haven't heard in such a long time! The ones from Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink brought back serious memories... Supertramp reminded me of the CD that went missing in one of my college apartments... and Austin loves Mr. Roboto. Thanks Jill!



A couple weeks ago my neighbor organized a toy collection for underprivileged children. I was proud of my kids for going through their toys and happily donating some things. I made sure that they didn't just choose junky stuff, but also gave some things that they like. It's not really a sacrifice to give things you don't want anyway, right? I hope the toys we gave make it to some kids who really need it.



Ashley got to go with Nana to a hair appointment the other day, and ended up getting a real manicure! Apparently the girl who does nails just offered to do it while Ashley was waiting for my mom. I don't have to tell you how elated Ashley was to have this experience. I also don't have to describe how jealous Olivia was upon seeing Ashley's nails!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Whitney has spent some quality time playing in the snow as well.

Olivia certainly looks like a fashionista in that photo.

I'm glad you're enjoying the 80's mix, I thought it was rather great.

I'm sorry we didn't end up contributing to your friend's yard sale. I think having the kids weed out toys to help others is a great idea.

It's too cute that Ashley got a manicure!