Friday with Jill...
If you ever want to get on Ashley's good side- give her something with sugar!
She will instantly be your best friend!
Jill was brave enough to take all 3 to the store! And she let
them have the car cart- she's won their hearts! Their evil mother
usually says no to the annoying car cart!
That night with their cousins and the next morning
eating breakfast. Good Times!
Saturday morning Mom picked up the kids from Jill's house and
took them to Gateway Children's Museum.
They played for a while in the grocery store, with the water, etc.
Then went to eat at the food court, then came back again for more fun.
They got to take part in the new science class called CSI: Curious Science Investigators. They learned about gases, liquids, and solids and the process of sublimation (the process of changing from a solid to a gas). Each got a piece of dry ice in their bowl. They poured water on it and it smoked.
Then they dipped a cloth in soapy water and dragged it over the rim of the cup which produced a bubble. The bubble filled with carbon dioxide which released its gas. If the bubble didn't pop, then you had a globe full of gas. They had so much fun and learned alot about science.
After all that fun, the kids got a Frosty and had pizza for dinner. You gotta love grandmas! They were so spoiled. The next morning the girls helped Nana roll out some rolls for dinner (love the bedhead!) They just love cooking and baking with Nana. The other day Ashley was making cookies with me and said, "Mom, know why I'm such a good cooker?" When I asked why she said "Cause Nana teached me." So sweet! So Mom, know that all your efforts have not been wasted!
It was so nice to relax and know that our kids were well taken care of while we were in St. George. They love it when we go away (I guess that's a good problem, right?) because they have such a good time with cousins and grandparents.
When Jared and I came to pick them up at lunchtime on Sunday, we were greeting with a full roast dinner, potatoes/gravy, salad, fresh rolls, etc. It was so nice! We relaxed and watched General Conference. (see the kids doing their packets above) The girls loved helping Papa shine his shoes and he was patient to let them help, cause we all know how 'helpful' they probably were! It was cute to see them doing it because I remember helping my dad shine his shoes when I was Olivia's age. I think I got like 50 cents a pair or something...
The girls loved the little knit hats we got them at the outlets. They've been wearing them almost every day since we got back. Love it when the kids like what you buy them! Austin got a black tee with glow-in-dark skull and crossbones from Gymboree. Loves it too.





4 comments:
That does look like a great kids weekend!! I love those hats too...I want one!
I have pictures from their time with me too, I'll put them in Smugmug for you.
SO FUN! Looks like they had a great time! I need to take my kids up to the Gateway museum, but I just haven't done it. It is so nice that you can get away and know that the kids are in great hands!
sounds like you should go out of town more often. What a kids weekend extravaganza! good times. cute hats.
Post a Comment