Saturday, October 24, 2009

Please help

Ok, someone please tell me what website to go to so I can get a new, cute template for my blog. I don't know what to do or how to do it. I sometimes think I am pretty techno-savvy, but really I am not. Do I copy/paste the whatchamacallit into my template? Tell me what to do. Please. I am sick of looking at this green background. I need something cute, festive, fallish... something.

And one more thing. Why doesn't my blog say "Older Posts" at the bottom like most people's? What setting to do I need to change so that shows up?

I appreciate your help and suggestions!!!


9 comments:

amy gretchen said...

robyn I don't know much about templates, but I just saw this link on Lucy's blog. http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/

I think she has templates to by and that are for free, but I don't know for sure.

Carrie said...

ok, so I have no idea about the "older posts" thingy but I WILL give you some links that I used to "rebuild" my blog.
http://www.designmom.com/2007/05/making-blog-banner-by-guest-mom-amy-m.html

http://brookie-wookie.blogspot.com/2007/10/dressing-up-your-blog.html

http://simplyamusingblog.blogspot.com/2008/07/how-to-add-banner-to-your-blog-using.html

http://hotbliggityblog.com/
http://www.leeloublogs.blogspot.com/

hope that helps. Can't wait to see the makeover!

Lindy said...

I'm not sure why you don't show "Older Posts"--are you using a Blogger Template like Minima? If you are using Minima, it is easy to change your background using http://www.aquapoppydesigns.blogspot.com/ or http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/
You just copy and paste their code in a "HTML/JavaScript" gadget in your sidebar.

Britney said...

I chuckled at Carrie's post b/c I'm pretty sure the Design Mom link she gave you is from your SIL. :) You could just go straight to the source. I have looked through most of the websites already listed and there are a LOT of free templates to choose from and they will give you instructions on how to add the template. You could also google free blog templates. I did that once and came up with A LOT of choices. Or, sometimes when I see one I like on someone's blog, I look for the little icon on the top of their page for the name of the blog designer. Sometimes it exists as a button in their sidebar. All I can say is good luck. The most difficult part will be just trying to pick one and looking through all of the options.

Robyn said...

Ok, thank you for all your suggestions. I have done some of this before, like googling blog templates and stuff. I need to know about the coding- what to copy and where to paste it?

Jamie said...

Have you transfered over to the 'new' blogger yet?

Laurie said...

Delightful Dots and http://hotbliggityblog.com/ and delightfuldots.blogspot.com are cute too.

Paradise Found said...

Robyn - Your comment on my blog was funny b/c I'd just said to Luke after looking at your Disney pictures how similar our families are. I know it's early, but we've started discussing if we'll be wanting child #4. Your family looks so complete: Boy, girl, girl has such great rhythm... Your family is beautiful and I know that you really do have 4 kids though. Thanks for your comments about my cousin. I forwarded your words on to her.

Robyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.