Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Day FINALLY arrived!



September 9th could not arrive soon enough. Poor Ashley has been asking nearly every day since Austin and Olivia started school, "When does MY school start?" "When do I go to MY school?" She has been so excited, it's just been painful to tell her "Not yet" over and over and over again.



But finally, the day arrived when I could say, "YES, it's today!" She was ready an hour before. She kept getting annoyed with me that we weren't leaving and I had to tell her that, "Your teachers aren't there yet. They won't be there until 9:00". She pointed to the clock and tried to say, "Yes, it is 9:00" but we won't get into that debate...



Ashley has probably been my most clingy child... but when it comes to nursery, school, babysitters, etc. she is fine. She doesn't get upset or cry or refuse to leave me. I'm so glad that none of my kids have had major separation anxiety or made these new experiences really difficult for both of us. I realize that for some children it's a very real feeling/emotion and they can't help it, but I count my blessings that my kids happily smile and wave as I walk out the door. It makes the whole experience fun and exciting, instead of sad and stressful.

Look at that huge smile! She came home from school with some 'homework' to do. (Note that she also took her favorite cherry purse to school. Never leave home without it!)


It was an "About Me" bag. We sent it with her the next day with a book, gum, and a Disney princess. I'm so proud of my sweet girl and so happy that she finally gets to go to school. Yay Ashley!

5 comments:

Jill said...

Hooray for Ashley! I'm so glad she gets to go to school too.

Jamie said...

All I can say is that she is so adorable! I love her excited smiles. :) There is nothing like finally being able to do something that your older siblings get to do.

Esther said...

She must have been so excited...but are you just as excited because you get to stay home all alone? I know that it was difficult for me when my daughter left ME for school:-).

Heidi said...

If only they were always this excited about homework! She is such a cute girl! All smiles -- the best!

Britney said...

She is so stinking cute!!!!! She must be so excited to finally be starting. It's hard to be the only one not doing big grown-up things. :) Yeah Ashley!