Thursday, August 06, 2009

The Law of Sacrifice





That's the topic we get to speak about in church. This. Sunday. (today is Thursday). Yeah! I'm so happy Jared and I have this opporunity to share our thoughts on the subject... 2 weeks after we moved into this neighborhood. AAAAH! I'd better start preparing. After I finish the 1470 page book I'm reading for bookclub tonight! Sheesh. Not the best week, but we'll manage.

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow, they grabbed you fast! You'll do a great job though & then all the leadership will be fighting over you for callings! You know what they say...no rest for the weary!

I can't wait to see you tonight for book club -- then we can move on to a new book and I can stop feeling so guilty about suggesting such a l-o-n-g book!

Natasha said...

Oh my, they didn't waste any time, huh?

Britney said...

Wow! I hate being a newbie! You will be great though as usual -- as always.

I guess you will just have to sacrifice some of your time and prepare your talk. :) Good luck!

Jamie said...

Eeek! That was quick! Good luck with your talk. You know, if you go first, then Jared has to fill the rest of the time. We just had a new couple move into our ward. She literally spoke for 5 minutes. Her husband had to fill in almost 30 minutes.

michelle said...

Wow, they certainly didn't waste any time in asking you! You will certainly learn about sacrifice while preparing your talk...

Laurie said...

Big congrats on the move! Good luck with your talk! Can't wait to hear about your new digs.

Jamie said...

Updates??

I laughed outloud about your comment on my blog about the motorcycle. Andy and I had said the same exact thing when all the kids were on it. It was just like a Thai or Filipino family motorcycle. lol!

Bond Girl 007 said...

good luck and great opportunity to feel part of the new ward! Is Crystal in your ward? It is definately a topic with a lot of depth

jenn said...

I tell them- I get a full week's notice or I don't talk. I'm sure you did great!!

My week turned out like yours. Though the activities were different, it has made me an unreliable friend and I am SO sorry.

The Little Redd Schoolhouse
Beverly Redd
801-855-5272