Friday, April 24, 2009

Five for Friday




1. My visiting teacher stopped by this morning at 8 am with flowers for me. It was a nice way to begin the day.



2. Tomorrow is Olivia's birthday so I got to take a treat to school for her to share. I took the birthday hat that Shauna made for me last week and Olivia loved it. I just put a circle sticker that said "6" over the "r" on the front. She loved getting to pass out the treats to her friends. She is wearing her ballet outfit b/c it's "Healthy Week" at school, so she could wear a team uniform, dance, etc. They were watching Bugs Life when I got there b/c the teacher was testing some of the kids. So it was like a big party. Bring on the sugar!



3. When Olivia got home from school, I surprised her with some summer clothes I had bought for her. She quickly chose an outfit to wear because Nana was taking her out for her birthday to get some lunch and to choose a gift for herself. She loved the clothes I had bought for her. She is such a cute girl. Just loves clothes, shoes, bags, etc. Wonder where she gets that?!



4. After that, I went to meet Kaylyn and Stacey for my birthday lunch. Stacey's daughter watched Ashley and Belle, along with Stacey's kids, while we went to lunch at Wasatch Deli down the road.



We had some great sandwiches and got to enjoy the conversation and relax with no kids! Kaylyn gave me a subscription to Cooking Light and Stacey gave me one of her favorite candles. Thanks you guys!



5. My kids made me cute cards and Jill sent me some cool note cards with a quote. Tonight we get to celebrate with family for our birthdays. We have such a good time with our family- having fun, playing games, eating, talking, etc. This morning, I went into Austin's class for a minute and his teacher said he's been talking about it all day. I'm looking forward to it too!



"Love life and Life will love you back, Love People and people will love you back." Arthur Rubenstein

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Sounds like the perfect day! Although I don't think I'd enjoy anyone coming to my door at 8am even if they had flowers. I'm still in pjs running around getting kids ready and off to school.
Happy Birthday to You and Olivia too!

Lindy said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like a fun day. April must be the birthday month--we're having family game night/birhtday party tonight too.

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday! You look absolutely amazing, by the way. :)

Britney said...

Sounds like a great day! Olivia looks so cute and grown up!

I love the quote on Jill's cards and all of the different fonts. Way cute! (Tell her my bday is in November if she wants to make me some!) :)

Glad you had a good day!!!

P.S. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cooking Light!!!!!!!!!!