L-R Heather, me, Kaylyn
Stacey didn't end up running the race with us but Heather did. (I did the TOU marathon with Heather and Kami last fall) Anyway, we went into the race saying we wanted to finish under 2 hours and left it at that. However, this morning we had great weather and were feeling good. We ended up running an 8:30 pace most of the race. When I saw the times and mile markers passing, I realized that we were definitely under 2 hours and possibly even under my pace from last year. I started getting excited around mile 9 or 10, considering the possibility of setting a new PR (personal record). By the time we hit mile 11 and I saw the clock at 1:37, I decided to really push it. Mile 12 was mostly uphill, which wasn't fun but since I run on hills regularly, it didn't kill me. I rounded the corner at State and South Temple and pulled out all the stops. I ran as fast as I could for the last mile. When I headed into the finish the time clock said 1:54. I felt really glad to have beat last year's time but it wasn't until I met up with Jared and Heather, and we started talking, that I realized that was GUN time, not CHIP time. I actually did even better! Tonight the results came in and my official time was 1:51:54- 79th out of 559 in my age group. I was ecstatic.
Once we got home, I rested for a while but not before I completed a payment on my credit card. Yes, this is one of the best parts of my day. We just got a great tax return and I was able to pay off the balance on my card. I won't share the details but it felt REALLY good to pay it off. Big smile on my face.
Heidi and I at dinner
While Jared went to get the kids from Jill's, I tried to sleep. (though it didn't really happen) I got up around 4pm and played with the kids, then got ready to go out and meet my friends in Provo for a birthday dinner. We all met at Mekong Cafe and had a great Thai dinner. Brenda and I both have a birthday on April 24th so our sweet friends Rebecca, Heidi, Shauna, and Britney took us out. After we enjoyed some Phad Thai, Phad Kraprow, Pumpkin Curry, Pineapple Fried Rice, dumplings, etc. we headed to Shauna's for some dessert.
Brenda and Rebecca with their cute bags- I want both of them!
We were totally spoiled- Britney made both of us a cool mousepad with cute fabric, Heidi made us aprons, Shauna made our funny birthday hats and delicious lime and coconut cupcakes, and Rebecca bought us dinner. So nice! After Brenda and I blew out our candles we all sat and talked for hours.
Brenda and I model our cute aprons made by Heidi
I just love these girls and have such a good time with them. I am so blessed to have them in my life. Everyone should have a great group of friends like this! I just wish I lived closer!
Turned out to be a great day. I wish they were all like this....
8 comments:
Great day, indeed!
I read on Jill's blog that you ran yesterday, so I came to see how you did- CONGRATS on your finish time!! That is awesome!
Kelly and I were going to run Salt Lake but decided to run the half at Bear Lake in June instead. We were glad when we heard all the drama with Salt Lake's organizers, but is sounds like it was a good race anyway!
We won't be running under 2 hours like you, but hope to beat our Vegas time of 2:34.
Congratulations!!
Good job how my you did so well!
Your group of friends sound wonderful. It is so important and nice and such a blessing to have good girl friends.
I had the best time Saturday night! I hope you have a lot more birthday celebrations in the next week! But I bet none of them will contain some of our favorite words or Shauna's dreams. :) Ha! Ha!
Happy Early Birthday Robyn!!!
I love your guts!
Congrats on your PR! That is such a great time. Saturday was the most beautiful Spring day....what an awesome day for a race. We will definitely have to get together in June.
I almost wish I had ran in that race with you Saturday. I can see why an actually race would really bump you up. So glad you beat your time.
Congrats on paying off you credit card bill. I understand how that could be the best part.
Looks like a fun night with friends.
I had such a great time too! Congrats on your marathon time. I hope this next week is a great one for you!
I forgot to talk to you about the race on Saturday night! Congrats!
Your perseverance is inspiring.
I'm impressed with your time!
Happy Birthday again to an absolutely sweet and awe-inspiring friend.
Post a Comment