Our baby is 3 years old today! It seems like just yesterday we were in Australia and I was sweltering in the heat, awaiting my due date! Ashley arrived RIGHT on time. It was a Sunday evening, around midnight, when my water broke, as if on cue. Jared raced me 30 minutes away to the hospital at Tweed Heads, New South Wales. He loved having an excuse to speed and I think he prayed that a cop would stop him just so he could say "My wife's having a baby!!!" We arrived and my contractions were just 5 minutes apart and very painful! I couldn't believe that I was walking into the hospital- I could barely stand with each contraction! Finally we got upstairs in the Labor/Delivery unit and I was settled into a bed. Ashley was delivered, completely natural, around 3 am. We were so happy that she was perfectly healthy and beautful- weighing in at 5 lbs 8 oz and 18 inches long.
It was a BIG adjustment for me. I was still getting used to the idea of living in a foreign country, we still didn't have a lot of furniture and things, and here a new baby came to our family. It took a few months to figure out the schedule, smooth over the new bumps, get Olivia potty-trained, and learn what this baby needed! Apparently, it was a bottle and not me, because once we switched her over (after 3 long months) she was a joy.
Ashley has the best smile. I loved this photo of her first time walking!! You can just see how elated she is.
Ice cream, anyone?
Here's Ashley near her 2nd birthday. She looked so grown up all of the sudden. She's always wanted to keep right up with her brother and sister, doing everything, seeing what's going on, being a part of it all.
She can put it away, let me tell you, her nickname is "Tapeworm"
(oh, you think I am kidding?!)
She is such a ham. It's really hard to get her to sit still and/or take a photo. She is always being silly and looking around at something else. This was in the canyon last Fall- I didn't get one serious photo of her... she kept playing up the whole time.
This one's for you Jill- the princess dress she got from Whitney for Christmas. She would not put it on and show Jill, no matter what. Of course, it's her favorite and she wears it all the time. She loves Disney princesses and especially Cinderella.
We're planning on getting rid of the binkie now that she's 3. Yes, I am worried about this. I don't want to traumatize her, but I think it's important for her to grow up and let it go. This is her favorite binkie, btw, Adam and Amy got it for her one night when we lost her other one. Now she wants this one all the time. (I might need support tonight at bedtime...is there a Binkie crisis hotline?!)
Being her silly old self. LOVE HER!!
HAPPY 3rd
BIRTHDAY
ASHLEY!!!!!





10 comments:
Ashley is so beautiful. That is so cute she came RIGHT on time. Can't ask for it any closer than midnight on you due date.
She seems so much older than a three year old to me.
What a cutie! I love all the pictures you posted. It's fun to see her growing up. I especially love the last picture -- full of attitude!
I had to laugh at the binkie picture too. Lily was attached to a hot pink one just like that. Sadly as soon as we took it away she took away the nap (sigh). But she did okay at night. I wish you luck!
Happy Birthday Ashley! I can't believe she is 3. Good luck with the binkie--taking away Sid's wasn't nearly as painful as I worried it would be. There was a lot of crying that first day though. But maybe since Ashley is older she can be excited that she's a "big girl" by not having a binkie. Here's hoping... My only advice, though, would be that once you take it away, don't ever give in and give it back--or else you'll never get rid of it. Maybe let her have another stuffed animal or something "comforting" to sleep with to replace the binkie.
Happy birthday...I love her cute blonde hair. Wow, I can't believe time flys...seriously, I still remember you arriving in Australia and then having her born...3 years? serioulsy
Happy Birthday Ashley!!! Wow! Time goes by so fast!
She is such a cute little girl!!! I love all of these photos! I hope you had a great day celebrating her!
She is so adorable. It is crazy to think that you were in Australia 3 years ago! I remember reading about her birth story then and still think you are so brave for giving birth in another country!
Happy Birthday, Ashley!
I love Ashley! She's the perfect amount of spunk and sweetness.
I can't believe sweet Ashley is already 3. I'm so glad you guys came back so we could get to know this lovable girl. She is a doll.
I can't believe she's 3 already! She is such a cutie girl, I adore her. It's funny that she's at my house right now as I write this. She is such a character.
she is darling, Robyn. I love that she still looks so much like she did in that baby photo.
Post a Comment