Tuesday, February 17, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JARED!

I am a day late posting b/c yesterday I was feeling a little better and had to bust out the cleaning supplies and vacuum after a long, sick weekend. I also was running some errands and trying to pull together a dinner/dessert, etc for poor Jared, who was feeling sick on his birthday. I didn't know if we would even be up to a big meal and celebrating, but I think that we did alright considering our state of health and conditions around here!



It was Jared's 40th birthday yesterday! I don't think either one of us can believe it. I don't feel old enough to be married to a 40 year old and he certainly doesn't act, I mean look like he's 40! I restrained myself from getting all black and "Over the Hill" balloons and found a nice bouquet for him.



I made one of his favorite dinners, Beef with Broccoli, and Austin made Peach cobbler, which we topped with ice cream, for dessert. He did a great job. (Peach cobbler is a great one for kids- 1 large can of peaches, 1 cake mix, 1/2 cup butter, dash of cinnamon and nutmeg. Dump it all in and Bake 375 for 45 minutes. Too easy)

After dinner, we had Family Home Evening, which for the kids, is like a birthday celebration every week. They just love it and I dread and fear the day when they (hopefully never) realize that not ALL kids love to have FHE... That some kids don't consider it a wonderful treat. Anyway, we had a very short lesson by Austin, who wanted to continue the Missionary topic from last week, then we had our dessert and sang to Dad.



He blew out the candles on his Cobbler- there were about 10, we didn't have 40! We all made a wish for Dad. Since his birthday gift was our trip to Vegas 2 weeks ago, we didn't give any gifts, just a card.



We love you Dad, even if you drink too much Mountain Dew!



We love you for wrestling with us all the time (but not for harassing Mom b/c she doesn't wrestle enough!)



We love you for taking us to exciting places and for loving to travel!

HOPE YOUR 40TH YEAR IS ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS, FILLED WITH JOY, LAUGHTER, GOOD HEALTH, AND LOTS MORE!!!

9 comments:

Britney said...

Happy BIRTHDAY JARED!!!!

We hope you had a great one -- or at least a great time in Vegas since you weren't quite feeling up to par on your real bday. We hope this next year brings great things for you and your family. We hope you don't feel too bad about being 40! :) ha ha
(Isn't 40 the new 25?) Just tell yourself it is.

We love you and hope you had a great birthday old fella! If we were closer we'd treat you to dinner at Taco Bell. :)

Britney said...

P.S. Is your peach cobbler a peach dump cake? Do you mix up the batter or just pour the dry mix over the peaches and dot the butter. Do tell. I must try.

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday Jared. The big 40, huh....Gees! YOu are old! :) Hope you had a great day!!

amy gretchen said...

I cant believe he's 40 either. He doesn't seem 40 at all. Is that a sign of getting old? Glad it was a good evening despite the fact that he wasn't feeling 100%.

Happy birthday jared!

Robyn said...

Britney, yes, I made it like the dump cake- no mixing at all. Just adding the layers on top. The epitome of low-maintenance!

Jill said...

Crikey, how can Jared be 40?!

Bond Girl 007 said...

it only gets better......cute photos....cute rugby shirt...i love those

michelle said...

40 is getting younger all the time, I tell ya! Happy birthday to Jared. I'm impressed that you were able to celebrate with all the sickness.

Diana said...

Happy Birthday Jared. He looks great for 40. Being 31 already 40 doesn't seem that old any more.
I hope he had a great day even though he was sick.
He seems like such a great husband and dad :)