I have too many things to do today- I was supposed to take Austin to the orthodontist, help out in Olivia's classroom for an hour, and then exchange the take-home readers for 2 classes at school. I also have bookclub tonight in Provo- we read "A Town Like Alice" which I really enjoyed. I was looking forward to talking about it and I had offered to make Shepherd's Pie.
Once Jared and I discussed it, we realized I couldn't go to bookclub anyway b/c he has to go to a BYU Rugby camp, which he is in charge of, from 5-7 pm. We could just get a babysitter, right? Except my parents left town this morning for St. George, so I am taking care of my younger brother Andrew (who has Downs) and he is sick too- has the stomach flu that Olivia had last week. So getting a babysitter is out. I guess I am not meant to go to bookclub tonight. So sorry ladies, I really wanted to come.
Tomorrow I am supposed to have a Primary meeting from 10-12 and help out with Austin's Valentine party from 1-2. I don't know if I will even be feeling well enough to do those things- but if Andrew is still sick there is no way I can go anyway. Don't you love it when your plans get all screwed up? It really throws me off- I like to plan things and follow through with them. I guess I will just take it easy today and see how it goes. I took a shower this morning and got right back in my jammies. You know it's a rough day when you're putting your pj's back on at 9 am! It seems like a lot of people are sick right now, so those of you who have managed to escape it, Enjoy!
10 comments:
I hope you feel better soon! Take the day off and enjoy it -- best you can when you sick anyway.
Rats! I had to miss book club last month due to sickness and I was really bummed. I do hate it when my plans get messed up. Sorry you have to take care of sick Andrew when you're filling sick yourself. Hope you feel better soon!
Yikes- sorry Robyn! I too hate to miss things when I am sick and really just want to leave my house!
That sucks. I am just barley getting over "it". SO SORRY!
Oh no!! That sucks. I hope it passes quickly.
I'm so sorry you've come down with it too and are home trying to take care of other sickies. It's hard to be a mom and be sick. If I could help I would, but I don't think you want what we have.
Sorry it messed with your plans.
Oh Robyn I feel your pain!
Being sick is the worst esp. when you have a million things to so. But try to forget those things and concentrate on getting your body the rest it needs.
I hope your feeling better soon!
PS We missed you last night! We needed your insight on Australia.
I hope you start feeling better! That is no fun. :(
Hey, my cousin Janelle plays on BYU's Womens's Rugby team. Her name is Janelle G. (same as my maiden name) I wonder if she knows Jared, or vice versa? Small world!
oh dear....I have been missing it since Christmas it seems...Jorvik had it, then Alexei, then Jorvik never really got better, than Alexei came hard mid January, then Alf, almost me...then last week, Alexei was really down and Jorvik followed with Alf...my parents were in town too and my mom was kind of sick too...so I dodged it, but Jorvik ended up having strepth? throat....he is on penicillin now....oh will it go away"? When I read about Olivia, I said, yep that is us! Too bad you missed all those things...it is hard when that happens, because you are still feeling crummy and tired and sick.
Post a Comment