Saturday, December 20, 2008

Celebrating

We've been so busy this week celebrating Christmas! I have 185 photos in my "December" folder and we haven't even had Christmas yet! Here's what we've been doing the past week:

Last Friday night, some friends got together to celebrate Rebecca and Britney's birthdays. We had dinner at Bajio, and then got some chocolate treats at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. We walked around the shops a little bit trying to find someone to take our picture. One poor sucker finally agreed and he insisted he was fine with my camera b/c he "has the same one"... but then ended up putting his finger in front of the flash and ruining the photo! Ugh. Oh well, this one from the side, that he so artistically insisted on doing, turned out ok.



Saturday we had our Primary Christmas Party at the church, which meant that even though I got home around 2 am from the Girls' night out, I had to be at the church by 9 am. Yikes! With 3 kids in tow, might I add. We did just fine and the activity was alot of fun. Santa came to visit and each child received a book (my kids wouldn't get near Santa. They got their books and ran) They played Bingo, did a craft, and iced cookies too. Here's Olivia helping Ashley with her ornament.



On Tuesday I got together with the girls from my Blogger Book Club. We had a potluck dinner with lots of good food, and then exchanged books. I gave "Three Cups of Tea" and I received "The Bell Jar". There were many other great books given that I will have to add to my Goodreads list.





Wednesday night Olivia had her very first ever dance recital! She just started a ballet/jazz class in the Fall, so she's still pretty new to the whole experience, but she was SO excited. This year the studio opted to have an 'in house' recital and next year will be the big Nutcracker performance. The photo below was the 2nd time they went through the routine- the first time they did not succeed with this move and ended up falling down! Poor Olivia- the girls on either side of her kept moving further away and she had a hard time staying on her feet (or should I say foot?)



Afterwards we went out to get for a treat to celebrate the special occasion. Olivia took this picture of me with Ashley and Austin (trying to be a homey).



Thursday night was my Provo Bookclub Christmas Party. Brenda was so kind to host for us. Her new house is so beautiful I want to move in tomorrow! Somehow I don't think she needs an additional 5 people in the house... Anyway, we had a good time eating, chatting, and having the annual White Elephant Exchange. (I am saving the photos for another post b/c there are too many good ones!) It was great to see Miss Chantel, visiting from Buffalo, New York- we've missed her alot since she moved away. It was another late night, so the next morning I was trying to be cheerful and excited as I went to the school.



Olivia's kindergarten had a singing performance at 10 am, then I got to stay since I was in charge of her classroom party! Good TImes! Thank goodness lots of other moms volunteered so I wasn't alone. We had 5 stations of activities and I thought it went quite well, if I do say so myself. With Kindergartners you just never know!



Tonight we went to see the lights at Temple Square. Photos to come soon...

7 comments:

Laurie said...

I think it's great your Primary does something fun for the kids at Christmas. Our ward doesn't even invite them to the ward Christmas party. No Santa, no nothin. I guess they figure that it's all about the kids at the Trunk or Treat? It's strange to me.

Your number of photos sounds like just the right number for all the celebrating. I have taken 455 photos this month, and I think that's a good sign that I just keep snapping, no necessarily getting good shots.

Jamie said...

Man, are you busy! My gma sent me "Three Cups of Tea" to read. She really enjoyed it. "The Bell Jar" has my favorite poem about pregnancy, called "Metaphor".
BTW, Austin's 'homey' expression made me lol. He is so cute. ;)

Natasha said...

Love the ballet pic!

Looks like you are having a wonderful month with family and friends - just how December should be!

Robyn said...

Wow, 455 Laurie! That makes me feel better. I should add that the 185 I currently have in the folder is AFTER I deleted all the ones I didn't want...

Diana said...

Great documentation Robyn.
It's been such a fun busy month. I love reading about what everyone does to celebrate this month.
I love the picture of Olivia with her dance class. Do you like her dance teacher? I want to get Kira in a more serious dance class. But is Olivia's class in Eagle Mountain?!
It was great to see you on Tuesday. It's always so much fun!

Heidi said...

I am just catching up on all your goings on -- we did have a great time at book club! I can't wait to see your pictures. I'll post mine soon too!

michelle said...

That's a lot of Christmasy fun going on! I'll be curious about the book exchange books...