Sunday, November 09, 2008

Random photos

Every year, about this time, the clock seems to speed up. I don't know why my days suddenly pass by at light speed, but I can't seem to hardly keep up with everything that is happening and all I have to do. I'm not complaining. I enjoy being busy and I don't really have a problem with this, it's just a fact. For that reason, blogging seems to fall by the wayside. I think about it but it's just too late or I can't bring myself to squeeze it in my schedule. I am playing catchup today. I know some people who hate those posts that just document life and state schedules, but for me, that's part of what I like about blogging. Reminding me what keeps me busy all day and also reminding me that what I do is important. I might not have a fancy, high paying job, but taking care of my kids, supporting my family, doing my church calling, etc; those things are important to me and I feel it's worth documenting. In fact Tuesday was my one day this week that was not busy- I really tried to savor it. I played with my girls. We had tea parties, baked muffins, played "Moms and Dads" as Ashley calls it, etc. Sometimes I have to remind myself that this is currently the most important thing I can be doing- I am building little adults. Showing them that I love them and value them is so important. Spending time with them while they still WANT to be with me, is very important.



Olivia and I doing crafts during our quality mom-daughter time this week. She did her own scrapbook page and was very, very proud. She is such a creative girl and is so artistic.



Here's a photo of my bad knee. I feel angry at it! I wish I had a magic wand to fix it!! I tried running again this week and it didn't go well (it seems to be a once/twice a week thing, I attempt to run and find that after about 2 miles I can't go any further). I went into the running store and got some advice. They told me that I don't have typical IT band syndrome so I need to try different treatment than I have been doing. Well it didn't take a genius to see that what I am doing is not working! They recommended a new PT, which I am going to try. I guess I have to give up and try cycling or swimming. Ugh. I wonder if good old fashioned aerobics would work. I don't know yet what other activities are going to irritate my knee the way running does. I miss running so much. All you people with totally healthy bodies who just don't feel like exercising- appreciate your good health! Go have a run for me!



I hung out with my sister Lori on Thursday night. We made Lettuce Wraps, which are soooo good. I love them. The recipe can be found on this old post if you're interested. We ate, had a good talk, and we watched The Office and 30 Rock. Most enjoyable. Thanks Lori!



Jared's parents send my kids a package this week. Austin got a set of little travel games- chess and chinese checkers, which he loves. Olivia got stickers and a flashlight with different faces to make pictures on the wall. Ashley got a little bag which she calls "my special purse". It's very cute. So kind of Nanny and Granddad to send us a package just for fun!



Ashley did some baking with me the other night. I had to make a huge cookie for a child in our Primary. We make them their own big cookie for a reward when they pass off their Faith in God (about age 12). Ashley is all kinds of cute. I just love the way she pulls up a stool (making a noise on the tile like a water buffalo giving birth) and says, "Mom, I help you?" and of course the next question is, "Mom, can I taste it?"



The kids have been circling everything in the catalogs this week. Olivia cracks me up. You could buy her anything on those pages and she would love it. If it's in there, it's on her list. Austin loves all the mechanical building type things- magnetix, knex, legos, etc. Ashley is loving anything Disney princess or Barbie at the moment. Anyway, we did some errands at Walmart yesterday and they were in heaven. I let them point things out and I wrote down for their lists. Olivia would just do a sweep of her arm in certain sections. "Mom, I want all of this," she would say as she waved her arm over the whole Baby Alive wall. Ah, to be a child. I kept saying, "Ok, I'll put it on the list." I can't count how many times I have reminded them that they don't actually get everything that goes on the list.

I actually started Christmas shopping on Monday and it felt so good. I love being prepared. I remember one year I was almost done by Halloween. Yes, done. My kids were a lot younger then, but I have to say I loved being ready so far ahead of time. Now they change their minds so often and I am just not thinking of Christmas that far ahead.



Random SPT photo by Jill who was at my house last night. It cracks me up that she stealthily takes photos on my camera when I am not looking. Thanks for leaving a bit of yourself Jill.

9 comments:

KaylynB said...

Some weeks just don't have any significant things to blog about, but that is ok. I need to take my kids out to make a list for Christmas. I told Rich he was in charge of Christmas gifts this year, since he always complains about how much I spend, but I don't think I can do it. I enjoy it too much. Maybe, I'll just drag him along with me so that he thinks he is in charge. Just like everything else in life, right?

Heidi said...

I quite enjoyed reading your "random" post. I too like to document the things in my life that fill my time. I think someday when the kids are gone it will be nice to look back on these busy times when I didn't have time to blog.

I really am sorry about your knee! I wish I had words of wisdom.

Good luck on the Christmas shopping! I have some done too, but I kind of want to wait for the killer sales right before Christmas for some things.

Cecilia said...

I can totally relate to this post. Life is so busy and there isn't enough time to blog...and then I start to panic....LOL

I'm sorry about your knee!

I love that Jill left a random SPT on your camera...that's too cute!

michelle said...

Oh, knee problems. How I hate them. I hope you find some relief soon! I see all these runners and wish I could be one of them...

I love the image of Olivia sweeping her arm at a whole aisle to tell you what she wants for Christmas, that's just funny.

I love Jill's random sp's as well.

michelle said...

p.s. I don't know why, but whenever I try to search on your blog (for a recipe), it takes me to Jill's blog! Weird.

Lindy said...

that's what my whole life is made up of--lots of random little things :) And it does goes by way too fast these days...

Lindy said...

go by...not does goes by...:)

Jamie said...

"Reminding me what keeps me busy all day and also reminding me that what I do is important."-DITTO.
I'm so sorry to hear about your knee! I hope that it gets better! I know after I injured mine (and I never went to the dr so I don't know exactly what it was) I stopped running for 3 months and just did the stationary bike at the gym. It finally healed. I hope yours heals soon because I know it is torture to not be able to run when you want to.

Diana said...

That's so sweet of Jared's parents to send a package all the way from Australia. It's so fun to see the kids excited about the smallest of things.
I'd love to hear more about your mother-daughter quality time every week.
Aren't Thursdays the best with The office and 30 Rock back on. So fun you and Lori watched together.