1 T. vegetable oil
2 onions, cut in wedges
2 tsp. grated ginger
1-2 T. Thai red curry paste
1 c. vegetable stock
12 oz can coconut milk
2 3/4 lb pumpkin or squash, cubed
4 baby eggplants, halved
3.5 oz green beans, trimmed
1/2 c. basil leaves
Heat wok or deep frying pan over high heat. Add oil, onions, ginger, and curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Add the stock and coconut milk and bring to simmer. Add pumpkin, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add the eggplants and beans and cook further 5 minutes or until pumpkin is soft. Stir through the basil and serve with steamed rice. Serves 4.
Alterations: You can substitute the pumpkin with potatoes if you aren't a pumpkin lover. Instead of eggplant, you could add peas, or broccoli and red pepper, asparagus, etc. Add chicken or tofu if you want some meat.
Sorry I've got no photo unless I make it tomorrow and post the pic... you never know, a good curry is sounding great right now!
Sunday, October 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm loving all these pumpkin recipes. Just this morning I realized it's October, I should be making pumpkin waffles for breakfast. Maybe I'll try out your pumpkin pancakes.
I have been looking for this recipe since the mission. Yay! Thanks for posting, can't wait to try it out.
I love curry, I will definitely try this one!
Post a Comment