
Even though I have to support any book whose very existence is based on a Jane Austin masterpiece, I have to say I would just rather read the real thing! (Sorry Ann) I am sure it will still be a nice evening with the girls and I can't wait for our FONDUE FIESTA! This is what I plan to bring:
WARM PUMPKIN CHEESE DIP

1 ¼ c. plain lowfat yogurt
½ tsp. butter
1 c. thinly sliced leek
2 tsp. fresh or ½ tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. salt
3/4 c. goat cheese
1/3 c. lowfat evaporated milk
15 oz. can pumpkin
3 lg. egg whites
Spoon yogurt onto several layers of heavy duty paper towels. Cover with more paper towels. Let stand 5 minutes. Scrape into bowl using spatula. Melt butter in skillet over med-high heat. Add leek and sauté for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in thyme and salt. Place yogurt, cheese, and remaining ingredients in large bowl and beat with mixer at medium speed until smooth. Stir in leek mixture. Spoon pumpkin mix into a 1 qt. baking dish. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until dip is bubbly and lightly browned. Serve warm.
3 comments:
Yummmmmmm! That looks like the perfect thing to have on a cool fall evening! I hope you have a great time.
The pumpkin patch is so much fun and I always love a trip to Gardner Village! You seem to be doing all the right festive things!
That dip looks amazing! I have seriously been loving all of the pumpkin recipes. I made the Thai Pumpkin Curry for my bday dinner and it was awesome!
Anything with goat cheese and leeks in it has GOT to be good!
Post a Comment