Saturday, May 10, 2008

Just being Ashley

I was organizing some photos for SmugMug and I couldn't help but post some of my Ashley. She is such a crack up. She has so much personality in her little body. And so much energy! As Austin put it best (while writing in his first grade journal) "She is cute. She is funny. She is a crasy (crazy) girl!"



Her hair is always a mess, no matter how hard I try! On this day, the wind wasn't on our side either but there is something about this photo that I love.




Tasmania tee sent from one of Nanny and Grandad's recent trips.




Trying to jump rope- it was so hilarious. Like, you just might pee-yourself-hilarious.




Can't get enough of play doh. When she's done she likes to sweep her hands back and forth over the table sending it flying to the floor. Ugh.



Loves to carry her little princesses around with her everywhere. She calls them all by name. Sometimes when she dresses up she will tell me she's Ariel or Sleeping Beauty.




When we get a camera in front of her, this is what happens "Cheese!"




Here she is, brushing her teeth. She won't let anyone help her do anything. She can do it all "by self".




Frosting cupcakes. She loves to be in the kitchen baking, sprinkling, stirring. Whatever there is to do, she wants to do it too. She says, "Mom, help you, k?"




The best part about Nana's dance/exercise room- the mirrors! She loves to watch herself dance and sing.




Loves to dress up.




Can't get enough of the Fairies video. The rest of us have definitely had enough!




More funny outfits. She's just learned to take her clothes off by herself- oh great!



Loves birthdays, singing Happy Birthday, and presents. Who doesn't? She saw my new Office videos and said, "Mom, watch it show?"

I just love her so much. Even though a 2 year old can make you crazy, there is so much fun, so much cuteness, cuddles, kisses, and other good stuff mixed in that it makes it all worth it. She is my sweet baby. I can't believe she is already 2. My baby is 2. I don't plan to have another one, so this is it. I am starting to get that feeling- the feeling that I have watched other parents experience when they see their youngest is growing up and the babyhood is on its way out. It's a sad feeling... and a wonderful feeling at the same time. So this post is for Ashley. Here's to being 2! We love you so much.

12 comments:

Jill said...

She is such a doll, I seriously want to put her in my pocket and have her with me all the time.

Jill said...

P.S. I'm just glad I didn't know Whitney was my last back when she was tiny or I might have been sad about everything along the way. It was much better being clueless.

Anonymous said...

She is so stinking funny and cute!!! I just love her goofy, cheesy grin!

Lindy said...

what a cute "crasy" girl! she reminds me of my "baby"--a nonstop whirlwind with a great cheesy smile :)

Midge said...

Happy Mother's Day!
All your kids are cute but Ashley is adorable. My baby is almost 1 but then I'm just (finally) getting started.
I hope you get appreciated for what a great mom you are!

Laurie said...

I just sent you and a few others an email like 6 times!! Sorry about that! Computer and pregnancy brain spasms must be blamed.

I feel the same way about my 2 year old - and I was looking through old pictures of him tonight. I constantly feel like I'm totally in love with him and his cute little way of saying and doing things, despite the tantrums we have at times. Two is just a darling age, and your Ashley epitomizes the cuteness!!

Jamie said...

What a cute post! She has such a contagious smile that I couldn't help smiling when I looked at all of those adorable pictures.
Aren't kids great?

Laurie said...

Oh so cute. I love that first photo too. Age two is such a sweet age.

Heidi said...

I love the pictures! She has a cute mama so no wonder she is cute as well. Happy Mother's Day. Enjoy those little fingers and toes!

Nikki said...

What an adorable little one. My baby is almost four! So sad to see the last one grow out of the cute toddler stage!

michelle said...

Well no wonder she and Eva got along so well! Eva also loves to dress up, is very independent, and enjoys helping with the baking. Ashley's a doll.

Bond Girl 007 said...

oh I love all the pictures...she is just soooo cute!