Friday, April 18, 2008

Say Om

Ok, I am kind of freaking out. The 1/2 marathon is now only about 12 hours away and I am getting really nervous! I just feel so jittery. Jared and I just went through our race packs. Not too much free stuff in there, but at least the shirt is cool. We tied our timing chips onto our shoes. We checked out all the info on where to start, parking, finishing, etc. Our clothes are ready to go. Alarm is set. Yikes, it's almost here! I need to do some yoga and meditation to calm myself down and focus. Om, om, om...



My friend Jamie , a veteran marathon and half-marathoner, sent me the cutest little race pack. How did she know that I need new socks? The pack had sport beans, socks, and a protein bar for recovery. I appreciate the kind and motivating words in your card, Jamie, you know I need them! I will try to make you proud. All that training we did in Roi Et is paying off now, ha ha ha. Jamie and I were mission companions in Thailand and we used to run in the little rural town where we served. (The Thai people used to watch us with awe. They're not big runners, or exercisers for that matter. I think they find the whole concept a bit puzzling, as you would if you weighed 88 pounds, no matter how much you ate.) Anyway, I'll be thinking of you as I run Jamie.



I've been increasing my carbs this week in an effort to pack my muscles with energy as much as possible. I usually don't eat a ton of bread and carbs, so it's kind of weird. I feel so full all the time. And Jared and I made a pasta dinner tonight, of course. I got the recipe from Runner's World and couldn't wait to try it.



No other recipe combines so many of my favorite flavors: artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, red peppers, and balsamic vinegar. Yum. You can't go wrong. For those who might be interested, click here

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck fellow runner. I have had butterflies in my stomach all week. Hope we track each other down at some point- I will be in the slower 12 minute mile type group- ha!

Lindy said...

good luck! You're awesome and totally prepared--you'll do great. I'm laughing about you and Jamie running in Rio Et. We ran together a few times in Bangkapi but I eventually chose sleep over running. The Thais sure did think we farangs were crazy.

Jamie said...

I can't wait to read your update! I know the race is over now, but I am sure that you did great.
I totally remember the stares we got in Roi-Et when we would go running. Memories.... =D

Anonymous said...

I wish I would have seen you! It was a great race- I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Can't wait to read your thoughts on it. Can't wait to record mine as well.

SOOOO glad it is over- ha!

annalisa said...

I missed you too :(. You probably came in super fast though. I got there at 8:50 and watched the line most of the time until 10 and missed you and Hannah. I hope you had fun though! I can't wait to see how you did.

annalisa said...

Oh and I forgot to mention, that pasta looks great. I have a jar of artichokes and peppers and I've been wondering what kind of a salad to put it in. I'm making pasta with it.

michelle said...

I would have been indescribably nervous the night before that race! I do tend to eat too much bread and pasta, maybe I'm just used to feeling full? That recipe looks awesome.