Ok, I have been thinking about coming out with something... but I find that I am afraid to put it out there. Kind of like telling people that I am training for the half marathon in April. Once people know of your goal, they might ask you about it. You are forced to complete it. Someone will know if you fail. These kinds of thoughts go through my head. In the example of the half marathon, I intentionally put it in my Christmas letter. Not, as some might think, that I wanted be one of those annoying goal-oriented types who have to broadcast each and every accomplishment of the year in their newsletter just to make the rest of creation feel bad about themselves. No, I included it because I was worried that if I didn't- I wouldn't complete my goal. If no one knew, I could just silently forget all about it. Make up excuses. Put it off for another year.
Back to my confession.
My confession is that I want to start a business. I have been thinking about it for a few months, but the past 2 weeks I have been thinking about it a lot. I even mentioned it to one or two of my friends. I had to throw it out there, see what the reaction was. I was afraid they might say, "What? Oh really?" and then I would know, it would be confirmed- the thoughts in my head that tell me this is not a good idea. The thoughts that say I can't do this. But that is not what happened. The reaction was good. Both my friends said they thought it was a great idea. (Ok, they might just be good liars, but I am hoping that is not the case). My mom thinks it's a great idea, my husband thinks I should do it.
So now I have to act. I have thought about it and done some research. There is minimal investment involved. I can do it from home. It's something I enjoy. Something I love to do. Yes, it's related to exercise and health, of course. My parents have a fitness room with a separate entrance. I have been thinking of doing some classes, consultation, training, etc. using this room as a small studio. I think it could be a good service to offer in this area since there are no gyms or other options nearby. There are also a lot of people interested in fitness, health, and training in this neighborhood. I have a four year degree from BYU in this field. I am qualified. I just need to move forward, believe in myself. Do It.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Robyn, I totally think you can do it! If your parents already have the space, you have the knowledge and know-how, you're a great motivator, you've done all the research, and you can do it from home. It sounds like everything has fallen into place for you. . .which usually means that things are meant to be.
Sign me up! =D
It sounds like a great idea. Especially because it is so low risk investment wise. I wish I lived near you so I could sign up after I have the baby. Good luck.
I need you to get my butt in gear (I say that half-heartedly because I'm too tired right now--but if I was up for it, you'd be the gal to do it!) I think it sounds like a great idea and perfect plan.
I think that's a fabulous idea.
Good luck.
Post a Comment