I can't believe it was a week ago that I wrote that week's summary posting. Crazy how it passes. My mom once told me that she thought God had sped up time to test us on how wisely we would use it. I have to say it certainly seems the case in my world.
This past week was the last gymnastics, soccer, and swimming lessons before our 'winter' holiday began so we finished those things off. Austin also had an exciting school presentation to culminate the "Under the Sea" theme of this term. He absolutely loved it so I hope she's got something GOOD up her sleeve for next term. I know I still remember the term we learned about China when I was in 1st grade with Mrs. Gleason. We made Chinese lanterns, ate Chinese noodles, etc. I hope these teachers know how great an impact they have! Here is one of the displays that was set up for the term.
Olivia has been enjoying the cooler weather (it opens up all kinds of fashion possibilities) and the clothes we recently bought from our friend Vayda (yes, she was named after My Girl). I put a whole load of clothes on layaway about a month ago, before it got cold, because Olivia needed an entire new wardrobe so I thought I would pay it off while it was still warm. Well just after I did that, my friend Prue told me I could have Vayda's clothes. So I cancelled the layway and bought Vayda's clothes which were mostly in very good condition. We settled on Ebay-like prices and Olivia ended up with a closet full of clothes- some very expensive darling clothes and some definitely preschool clothes. This included 8 pairs of shoes and one pair of tap shoes! She is loving the new choices she has and comes up with some interesting combos. I let her choose whatever she wanted to wear to preschool recently and this was the result (notice the red tights and green mary jane shoes). I love a girl with her own sense of style.
Ashley is lately a CRAZY girl and a total monkey. She climbs on the kitchen table 50 times a day, there is nothing we can do to deter her. She only says "UH!" for everything. Very difficult after having Olivia who was speaking sentences by this age! She is an angel in many ways and I love her to death but I can't wait for her to start speaking more and for those 6 teeth that are all coming in at the same time. Makes for a whiney girl!
On Friday I had a Learning Ladder party at Prue's and did $250 in sales which takes me to $730 (only $270 to go). There are supposedly a few more orders coming on that one so hopefully I will make my $1000 goal this month. I have Mala's party next Friday so fingers are crossed! Friday night Jared and I went to the temple in Brisbane which I really needed. Life has been crazy lately and it's so nice to go somewhere peaceful and serene and calm.
Today Austin had a soccer game in which he played very well! He was defending and even played goalie. They only scored one goal on him. He also went for a run with dad, only about 1.5 km probably, but didn't stop once. He was so proud of himself. Later we went to the ward potluck dinner which was really good. Great turnout, tons of food, the desserts were yummy and they had karaoke which was hilarious. I bet you've never seen your bishop singing "Yellow Submarine" with his son!
So this next week the kids are off school and lessons. I will also be finishing up stuff for Enrichment. I have playdates on Monday and Wednesday so that will keep the kids happy. Lauren arrives from Melbourne on Wednesday so we'll get to see cousins Lily and Sienna for a week too. Thursday is Enrichment and Friday is Mala's LL party then I have to teach on Sunday. Tell me, when does it SLOW down?!
6 comments:
I like her style, she looks darling. I do miss dressing up the kids in cute layered options. But not enough to move back to the cold.:)
I don't think life ever really slows down, there are occasional lulls but it's pretty busy most of the time.
Congrats on getting closer to your $1000 goal, I'm sure you'll make it soon.
Score on the clothes for Olivia, she looks quite fashionable.
It's weird to see Ashley with teeth! It's funny that you're wishing she would talk because once she does you'll probably wish she wasn't so chatty.
LOVED seeing Austin with his project and knowing he loves school so much. You are so lucky. Olivia looked charming in her long skirt and I'm thrilled you got to cancel the layaway and get a boat load for less! Ashley is such a beautiful baby. Was Olivia really talking sentences at 16 months? Thanks for the updates on everyone, I need them!
I don't think that life ever slows down. I think that as we get accustomed to what is happening in our lives, more changes come, ie new baby, new callings, older kids having more activities, etc.
My grandma used to have a quote hanging in her house that said, "The hurrier I go, the behinder I get." I feel like that is my life right now!
oh my goodness she looks adorable, and i love red and green....and gettting new clothes and bargains it is always soooo sweet. i love good finds specially if they are high priced items...for less. can't believe how busy you are
Life does move incredibly fast. I already feel like I've been home for 2 months and am shocked it's already July.
Cloths bargain are the best. Olivia looks so cute and what a score to get a closet full.
I know it's frustrating when your small ones don't talk, but you should be grateful. I'm sure you know with Olivia, but man my meg can talk your ear off enough to drive me batty. I'm sure Ashley is pretty close to driving you crazy.
Looks like another crazy and fun week ahead.
Post a Comment