
Happy Australia Day! If you want a good laugh click VoteLamb.com to hear a funny commercial about eating lamb on Australia Day (Aussies are crazy about their lamb).

I have had a great day because I had the most wonderful two hour conversation with my best friend, Britney, who lives in Provo. I have missed her TERRIBLY since I moved to Australia. She was just 4 houses down the street from me when we lived there. We have so much in common, beyond just the ages of our 3 children. I can talk to her about anything. She doesnt judge me, she loves me, and she encourages me. We connect. We get one another. We can laugh together, cry together, whine together, smile together, relax together. She likes pumpkin as much as me. I can buy clothes for her. We have shared clothes- our own and our childrens. We have carpooled to preschool and soccer. My kids love her like she is a member of our family (as well as her kids and her husband, Jonathan). She knows what to buy for their birthdays and what they eat. She is the perfect friend. I am so blessed to have her in my life. I wish she were a lot closer to me but I am so glad that we can talk for just 3 cents a minute!
I opened my email yesterday to find this:

Apparently she had some big plans for another gift for me and it didnt work out. I love this! When I get an iTunes GC I cant even decide fast enough which songs I want to get b/c I usually have a running list. Right now I am interested in Bob Evans, The Kooks, Bernard Fanning, and Pete Murray. Thank you so much Britney. As usual, you knew exactly what I would want.
This is a photo of the pumpkin recipe book I made for her Christmas gift.


It was so great to chat with Britney and to feel so validated and so understood. We talk a lot about parenting. Its comforting to have a friend who is also striving to be a good parent (and sometimes failing, like me) who can relate to what I am going through. Oh, what a blessing it is to have a good friend. I love you Britney! Thanks for being you.
10 comments:
I don't think I have ever had lamb before, but that was a really funny video. I thought it was really interesting that he paralleled his talk to MLK's "I Have A Dream" speech. (I didn't know that speech was that well-known around the world and not just in the U.S.)
Also, I'm so happy you were able to talk on the phone with your good friend! Nothing in the world can compare with talking with someone who TRULY understands. :D
It's a blessing in life to have a friend like this. It must have been really hard to leave her so it's awesome the two of you are still in touch.
I love the book you made for her.
Everyone needs friends, but having a best friend is the greatest thing to have. You're lucky to have found each other and I'm glad you're staying in touch so well.
I forgot to say how cool your pumpkin recipe book turned out, it's beautiful. And I saw that crazy Australia Day commerical, very funny.
Your recipe book is awesome! What a cool gift. And what a friendship you two have. It's rare to find a friend that you can connect with on that many levels! Wow. How awesome.
I just emailed you more about Enrichment. I really love your ideas and where you are going with it. You are perfect for this calling....
What a wonderful book. I am crazy for pumpkin also.
What a blessing to find a true friend. One that doesn't judge you and who gets you.
Hope you live near each other again someday!
Happy Australia Day!!
I could not survive without good friends- glad you have Britney!
Your pumpkin book is AWESOME Robyn!!
I wish it were summer here! Very jealous (and funny video).
Very cute pumpkin recipe book. How long did that take you to make?
Britney is one in a million! I love it that if she's so far away she can be on the other end of the phone at such a reasonable price! You two are truly soul sisters.
I am trying to write this through all of my tears!! I miss you incredibly! Thank you for saying such nice things about me! (And for the incredible pumpkin book! I LOVE IT!!!) What would I do without you?! I feel the exact same way about you (as you already know) and am so thankful we got to live near each other even for a short time. Hey, by the way,...there's a house across the street for sale!!!! :) Love you!!!
Post a Comment