
Well we had a great day today. We spent the morning at the beach and it was gorgeous.
The kids were so excited to be there and they had a great time.

Austin is becoming a pro on his boogie board and even Olivia is getting into it... can't wait for her to get her Christmas present (Dora boogie board) she's going to love it!

Ashley also loved the beach today. She has discovered the joy of carbs. She can't get enough bread and here she is wolfing down Olivia's sandwich. I love when babies get to the solids stage! It's so much easier to feed them.

It was great to just relax for a while and not think about Christmas and all of the chaos and mayhem which seems to have filled this week. This is what we've been up to:
Monday- grocery shopping, a ton of laundry, Mum and Dad over for dinner
Tuesday- Park in Southport for picnic/play, exchange a dress, go to Will's birthday at Katherine's house
Wednesday- more shopping, make dinner/dessert, have missionaries over to dinner, drive around to see Christmas lights (there is a local contest so we saw all the big ones)
Thursday- Olivia to preschool, Shop with Mum at Pacific Fair for Jared's gifts, part of Katherine's present, go to Sea World Christmas Carols concert with extended family (cousins, aunts, Mum, etc.)
Friday- make cinnamon rolls for family/friends, deliver rolls, groceries (again?!), last shop for gifts, watch Grinch who Stole Christmas with the kids
Ah, that leaves today. After the beach we came home and I ended up going to see a movie with Mum (though I should have been working on my talk). We walked out b/c it was awful and got our money back, thank goodness. So I came back early, to Jared's delight, and he went out with Austin for a while. I then made pumpkin pie for our friend Andrew Daly's birthday, and we had dinner. I have just finished working over my talk, again, and it's now midnight. Hopefully it goes ok. I am VERY distracted by everything else going on this week. I am now making TWO turkeys b/c we are doing one here tomorrow with Jared's family and another one on Christmas Day with cousin, Mike, up the street, and his family. How did I get roped into this? I don't even know how to cook a turkey! Wish me luck!
4 comments:
I still can't wrap my mind around the possibility of spending the holidays at the beach. Crazy. The kids looks so cute in those pictures, I especially love how Ashley is looking up in delight. She's so cute.
Good luck with your two turkeys. I've never made a turkey before either. Yikes. We're having steak at mom's today.
Your schedule just makes me dizzy, Rob. I remember too, how strange it was to have Christmas in California so maybe I can relate a bit to what you're experiencing. It didn't seem like Christmas at all! Let us know how the turkeys were.
I still can't believe you're going to the beach at Christmas time. It just doesn't seem right. Cool though. I would love it. It so cold right now.
Two turkeys? Oh my goodness!
I love the beach photos, I can't stand how cute Ashley is, especially in that way cute bathing suit!
Post a Comment