Saturday, July 01, 2006

Productive Scrap Day




I can't believe it, but I actually had a good day scrapbooking on Friday. I went over to Chelsea's house. She is married to Jared's cousin, Kirk. I got there about 10:30 and I was armed and ready. I had sketches of layouts I planned to do, I had developed every individual photo needed for the layouts, I had papers chosen, etc.

The highlight of my day was when I went to Kmart to get pictures done that morning. Usually Kmart is not a highlight of ANY day nor getting photos with kids. I usually dread such excursions. But I had a CD ready, a note with all the specifics (like which photos I needed 5x7), etc. I planned to do one hour and would have to kill time with the kids at the mall, however I took a risk and asked the girl, "Any chance this will be done sooner than one hour?" She smiled and said, "I could do it now while you wait." WOW- I can't even tell you how that made my day. I said, "Really?" She said, "Just give me about 5 minutes." It's funny how such simple things can make you happy.

We went to Chelsea's from there. Luckily, Diane offered to take my kids for a drive to Southport. She needed to pick up the race packs for her, my father in law, Jared and Katherine, who are all doing the Gold Coast Airport Run this weekend. I was happy to send the kids off with a packed lunch and a hug. She even took Chelsea's little boy, Fyn, with her. (They are next door neighbors). I thought that was very brave. We wished her luck and she said, "You'd better have something to show for it when I get back!" We promised we would.

Ashley had a bottle and then went to sleep about 11:30. I had hours ahead of me and not a child in sight. Crazy. We got going and it was just marvelous. I got quite a few layouts done. It's so nice to scrapbook with someone else and see their unique style. Chelsea is great at titles and journaling. She always mixes fonts together and uses different colors in the same word. It adds so much to the page. She finished what she was working on near the end of the day and did the "Sports Day" page below for me. I just love it. It's from a Becky Higgins sketch- I think May 06 CK magazine. I have also included pictures of the pages from Kaylyn since I posted them when they were blank- thought you might like to see the finished products. Thanks again Kaylyn. (By the way, the big red "S" is for summertime. Got this idea from Kaylyn's "C is for Christmas" page. Also, still need to add a few little photos and journaling to Olivia's "3" page)



Diane brought the kids back about 1pm and we took a lunch break. Olivia went to sleep at her house and Austin watched a movie at Chelsea's while Ashley still slept. She woke up, had one more bottle then went down again! We got so much done. Olivia came over when she woke up and played with Fyn and Austin in the yard. They did well until about 5pm when things got a bit crazy. I couldn't believe we were still going- it was dark outside by then! We cleaned up our stuff and went home about 6pm. I just love it when things work out like that. I needed a good day!





5 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, you got lots done! I'm so impressed with your cute pages, your drive to scrap them, and the great way your kids behaved for you. Once again, Diane is a life saver and I'm so glad you have her. I love seeing your pages.

amy gretchen said...

You got a ton done. It sure does help when you are mentally prepared. i am so glad you took time to do this. I just love it when you finally can get some time to yourself after days of craziness. The pages are very cute so glad you posted.

Anonymous said...

What great layouts, those pages look soooo good. What a great day you had.

KaylynB said...

Your pages are great! I wish I could get that much done in one day!

michelle said...

Looks like you were very productive! It makes me want to scrapbook again, it's been ages and ages. Thanks for sharing.