Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Prejudice



I just have to quickly post, since I need to go get Austin from school...

Pride and Prejudice was WAY better than I expected it to be. I had no desire to see this version, for some reason. I was sure I wouldn't like it. I guess I don't love Kiera Knightly and she does a weird thing with her mouth that distracts me. Like when you had those dracula teeth in your mouth when you were young and you couldn't fit them in. Are her teeth too big for her?

Anyway, I LOVE that quote too, Jill. There is something about the word "bewitched"... "You've bewitched me, body and soul." Wow. Very powerful scene. I absolutely hated Darcy, but I guess that's the point. And wasn't Mr. Collins the cousin just perfect? Very good movie and very well done. Liked the cinematogrophy. Check out the Yahoo site for more info and to see clips Click Here

A very pleasant surprise. I stayed up til after 1 am to watch it. Crazy. Luckily Ashley slept until 5:30 am, then went back to bed until 8am. It was worth the loss of sleep.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Excellent, I'm so glad you liked it. I had descriminated against it too and didn't see it until Michelle and I went for her birthday and it was at the dollar theater. We loved it and were blubbering messes at the end. It's definitely worth a little sleep deprivation.

amy gretchen said...

I love love love this movie. I too was not excited about the remake but really enjoyed it. I borrowed it from my mom and think i watched it 3 times before giving it back. I just adore the story so I must have it in my collection. So glad you liked it.

michelle said...

Oh, I loved it. I wondered how they would cram everything into a regular length movie, but I think it worked out pretty well. I hated Darcy, too, but by that scene at the end I was loving him. That line just makes me melt. Does anyone in real life ever say anything like that?

btw the actor who played Darcy is in a British series called MI-5 that I quite enjoy. Check it out if you can.

Bond Girl 007 said...

Wonderful movie! I loved it also! He is very attractive to me, and after he said that...he just had me! I thoroughly enjoyed it. I also enjoyed Vanity Fair quite a bit too! I recomend it highly!

TX Girl said...

I blogged about this the other day. I really love it too. I had a hard time liking him as Mr. Darcy (although I will always consider Mr. Darcy Colin Firth), but after watching it several times he totally grew on me and I like him paired w/Kiera Knightly.