
After

As much as I hate pictures of myself, I am posting this as a follow up to my bad hair posting on April 11th. I had a horrible hair cut and didn't know what to do with it. I finally made an appointment with a different stylist, of course, and had it fixed. She was really great and took a lot of time with me to discover what my hair 'challenges' are and how we can work with them. I ended up buying like $60 of product, naturally, because I "have" to have it in order to get my hair to do what I want it to do... or so I am told.

Do you guys buy that or what? Do you really think that certain shampoos and hair cremes can straighten it or smooth it or moisturize it? Sometimes I am not sure and other times I totally go for it and spend a ton of money on the stuff they recommend. But there is always that little voice inside telling me that the stylist is probably getting commission on the products I am buying and that's the only reason she's recommending them. I know, ridiculous.
So I was happy with what she did though I still feel like I don't look like 'me' anymore, especially when I wear it curly. I can't even bear to take a picture of myself with it curly yet... it's so strange to me. I have to admit it's a lot faster though.
Even when I straighten it, it's faster now that I have had a good haircut. She seriously cut out like half of my head of hair. Sorry you people with thin hair- I can't believe what a mop I've got on my head. It's crazy. I have heard of people's hair getting curlier after pregnancy but can it get thicker? I don't know where I get it all.
So I am very glad to have the hair situation improved, immensely. The girl, Marie, was really nice and even said, "Come back in three days if you can't do it or it's not right." That, to me, is a good stylist! (take note Lori... not that there is any doubt whether or not you will be good)
4 comments:
Your hair looks good, it's great that you found someone you like. I've never had someone tell me to come back in 3 days if I couldn't fix my hair or if I didn't like it, that's so nice. (I can never fix my hair!)
That's kind of funny that you said it still doesn't look like you, what do you mean? You've always been good at changing your hair styles often, so what style IS you? I'm curious.
I think you look great. You always look great.
I have major hair issues for complete opposite reasons you do. I of course am battling with too thin. It drives me nuts and every style I like the stylist tells me it will not work. At least they are honest and don't just try to do it if it won't work. Very frustrating though. I tend to buy products if the stylist uses it while doing my hair and I see a big difference.
I am really glad you were able to find someone you liked. I find that very stressful.
I should point out that when I say I don't feel like I look like 'me', I mean when it's curly. (Straight, yes, it just takes a lot of work to get there)
I've never seen you with curly hair, so now I am curious. I totally think that products can make the difference. At least with my hair! Maybe if you don't have challenging hair, the products don't matter as much. I too get my hair seriously "texturized" (that's their euphemism for thinned). I usually end up leaving my hair curly because it's easy. It takes forever to straighten it and then it's never really straight anyway and it has way too much volume... so I'd say your hair looks great to me! I love that she told you to come back if there was any problem.
Post a Comment